TERMS OF SERVICE
TERMS OF SERVICE:
These Terms are a legal agreement between You (the student) and Improv-LA (the business) and its associates. By registering for our Services, you acknowledge and agree to these Terms. For any further questions, contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Unless otherwise prohibited by law, all courses are non-refundable. All sales are final. If you can no longer attend the class you registered for, there may an option to transfer you an equivalent course provided you contact us at least 7 days prior to the start of the original course, and depending on availability. Transfers expire after 30 days of being offered.
• If registered by mistake, we can refund the full amount (minus a $30 online processing fee) with notice within 24 hours of original registration.
• By registering, you are making a commitment to attend all classes to the best of your ability. However we know things come up, so being absent up to 2 days is acceptable. We can provide notes on what was covered, with prior notice of your absence. Missing 3 or more classes will be disruptive to the overall group and you will not be allowed to return to the session or receive notes.
• Our instructors are professional working actors, writers, etc. Although rare, we may be required to change teachers before or during the course you signed up for. In these cases, there are no transfers available.
• Any current coupon discounts can only be applied to new orders only within time frame of coupon being available. Unfortunately it cannot be used retroactively for previous purchases.
• Black Friday Sale is available only 11/24-11/27 at 8:59pm PT. Discount cannot be used or applied before or after these dates.
• All sales are final. Please apply coupon code before checking out. If forgotten to apply, we're sorry but discount cannot be applied once completed. Please double check before completing.
• Promo discount applies to all in-person Level 1 improv courses only. Not available for streaming classes or other classes or electives.
• Discount doesn't offer any cash back value. Only used to discount the current price of classes listed. Any possible refunds according to the terms will be given for the discount price purchased at.
• An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any place where people gather. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. You assume all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting a communicable disease or illness – including, without limitation, exposure to COVID-19 or any other bacteria, virus, or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness, whether that exposure occurs before, during, or after an in-person class or show, and regardless of how caused or contracted – and you hereby waive any and all claims and potential claims against Improv-LA and its affiliates relating to such risks, hazards, and dangers.
• For the safety of fellow-classmates and our instructors, all in-person classes require students to show proof of vaccination. No exceptions and no refunds will be offered if you do not meet these guidelines. However, our Online Classes do not require anything.
• In addition, due to Covid variant surges, in-person class rules are subject to change and may require masks at any time and may be postponed if city guidelines change for theater venues. In the unfortunate case that this occurs, we can transfer your registration to another class offered later in the year or use payment towards our online classes.
CODE OF CONDUCT & HARASSMENT & ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY:
• Improv is inherently based on both vulnerability and trust and we place extreme importance on providing a safe, supportive learning environment that fosters creativity and growth. We expect the same from our students. If a student’s conduct is threatening, inappropriate, or causes others in class to be uncomfortable, we reserve the right to remove them from the class. This removal may be permanent depending on the circumstances with no monetary compensation offered.
• Our number one goal at Improv-LA is to provide a safe, fun, and inclusive space for all people to express themselves through improv. Improv fosters friendships that can extend beyond the classroom. It is each person’s responsibility to use sound judgement with others.
• Every participant has the right to set and adjust their own personal boundaries for communication and contact both inside and outside of class with any other participant however they see fit. Every participant with Improv-LA is expected to fully respect the boundaries of others at all times.
• It is a priority of us to foster an organizational culture of diversity and inclusion and we welcome everyone to bring along with them diverse life experiences, including every permutation of economic and cultural backgrounds, orientation, ethnicity, and points of view. We are committed to building an equitable and thriving environment for BIPOC, Latinx, APIMEDA, and LGBTQIA+ communities, persons with disabilities, and all who may otherwise be marginalized or underrepresented in our business and around our community.
• We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.. Behavior that intentionally fails to honor boundaries, ridicules, sexualizes, stereotypes, demeans, debases, gaslights, or manipulates others will result in that participant being asked to leave the program with no monetary compensation offered.
• Any of our staff members are available to discuss any concerns from students at any time.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
• You recognize and accept the inherent risks and hazards involved in your participation in theater and school Activities at Improv-LA and you understand that improv classes can be physical at times, and that participation in our classes involves the risk of personal injury and/or loss due to physical, mental, and emotional challenges presented by the activities used to learn improv skills. You agree that your participation is voluntary and that all participants are required to abide by all rules and standards of conduct.
• You agree that your participation in the Activities is at your own risk and that Improv-LA and/or our studio locations are not liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages, or any losses, costs or expenses of any kind (including legal and medical fees) which may arise, directly or indirectly, from the Activities. We specifically try to keep as safe of an environment as possible, but you understand that you assume full responsibility for all risk of bodily injury, death, disability and property damage that may result in any way through your participation in the Activities.
• These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without reference to its conflict of laws principles.
• From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features). We reserve the right in our sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time.
• By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you agree to fully and completely release and waive Improv-LA of any and all claims for personal injury or loss, including any costs and attorney fees. This waiver applies to teachers, staff, volunteers, students, space, or any other person associated with the program.