Intermediate Long Form and Formal Application
So you’ve learned how to start scenes from nothing, be comfortable on stage and how to perform a simple piece. Now what? This class will be six-weeks in the study and practice of more
intermediate improv comedy techniques that will cover the following:
- Creating original, creative characters that stretch beyond the ones you currently play
- Learn Short Form improv games, and the benefits of them in Long Form
- Using different editing techniques to enrich your scenes
- The different improv scene types that exist, and how to recognize and play each of them
- Generating ideas, and how to successfully initiate with them
- Learn a more intermediate long form structure and opening
- Play fearlessly, supportive, and with complete freedom in every scene
To be eligible for this class, you must have completed Level 1 and have teacher’s approval or have the
equivalent at another improv school (just let us know your experience). In addition, the course will culminate
in a graduation show that will put to use all of the skills and tools learned during the session.
Class Size: 14 Students
Classes are 3 hours, and meet for 6 weeks including a graduation showcase on the final day.
and take place at The Clubhouse Theatre in Los Angeles.
Registration is ongoing, so sign-up to join us for the next class!
(Classes sell-out in advance)
The Clubhouse Theater
1607 N Vermont Ave
Los Angeles, California 90027
(FREE parking for students!)
© Copyright 2018. Improv LA